Posts Subscribe comment Comments

Get paid To Promote at any Location

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Tweed's Shameful Performance at Beach Channel High School Closing Meeting

There is so much to say about the meeting last night where Tweed sent people who had few answers to parents, teachers and students. I was there with Howie Schwach, editor of The Wave (#10 in NY Magazine's Reasons to Love Living in NYC) to cover and have about an hour of tape. Here are 3 students. Chris wants answers and asks "why didn't you fix us?" Ingrid says there will be more dropouts if they close the school, especially with the loss of free transit for students. Another student wants to know why the PEP meeting to decide the fate of the school will be held in Staten Island. Oh, the hypocrisy. Michelle Lloyd-Bey who played a big role in closing down Far Rockaway is all about data and stats. Clearly, human issues don't count, but she talks about the "concern" for the students.

I have some good stuff from politicians and teachers and Howie and I. More over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment