
A Voice at Chancellor's New Clothes took a brief break from her vacation from blogging to send along this comment on her "New York City Teaching Fellows-Biting the Hand that Feeds Them" post.
I was a [NYC Teaching] Fellow, until today. I feel like the Fellows [program] did not support me at all when I was having a lot of trouble at my school. From lack of everything, textbooks, to a mentor to union issues (we didn't have one), to an administrator that did nothing but attack, to a bogus investigation she called for against me. I made it through all of that in my first 3 months. Today is the second day after break, and I walked out of the school handed in my keys and left. I've wanted to be a teacher my whole life. I never want to do it again.

No comments:
Post a Comment