Posts Subscribe comment Comments

Get paid To Promote at any Location

Thursday, October 2, 2008

I am Grateful the Mayor is Willing to Step Up: Randi Weingarten


WOW! Two Randiisms in one day. It doesn't get any better than this.

Of course Randi opposes term limits. She can be AFT/UFT president for life (bet ya she is already running for UFT re-election in 2010 - Mulgew who?)

Note the typical disclaimer showing her "concern" so she can appear to support both sides. By the way,
one sticking point in any merger with the NEA which has term limits.

Remember how Unity hacks went around schools telling people we only have to wait out Bloomberg to get changes.

Go to the people? No group more than teachers should be leading the charge to stop Bloomberg. Instead Randi will sit this one out and leave it to the people when we know Bloomberg has already bought the election.


From: UFT Press [mailto:UFTPress@uft.org] (WHY NOT SEND THEM AN EMAIL?)
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 4:14 PM
Subject: United Federation of Teachers President Randi Weingarten re term limits:

Personally, I have always been opposed to term limits, as has this union. I am also, as are so many people, very concerned about the economy, and I am grateful the mayor is willing to step up. That said, I am very concerned, given that New Yorkers have twice spoken about this issue in referendums, and because of that, I think the most democratic way to change term limits is to go back to the people.”


No comments:

Post a Comment